Monday, August 30, 2010

What does radiant health look like?

Hi :)


Last summer I was sick. I was tired! I looked awful. I had acne, sallow skin, dark circles. I wrote it off as having 4 kids. But something deep down was telling me it was more. I decided to go a see a naturopath and she drew some blood and discovered that I was anaemic, my blood sugar was very high, my cholesterol was high, my adrenals were out of whack and my hormones were out of whack. No wonder I felt like crap, lol. Since I am a photographer I know how to fix pictures. I know how to clone out blemishes and dark under eye circles, I know how to smooth skin and fix red blotches. I do this quite often.. even with children!! But since changing my lifestyle and discovering my radiant health I have not had to do it with myself. My skin tone is even, my dark circles have vanished, my eyes are brighter, my blemishes are almost gone. If I do get a blemish now I can trace it back to either stress or food. (if you see me with pimples then you know I have been eating dairy) But the above picture I took this morning. The only make-up I have on is lip gloss. The only thing I did to the picture was run my standard photo shop action and sharpen it for the web. I did not even out my skin, I did not cover any dark circles and I did not clone out any pimples. Lot's of people email me asking me what I eat in an average day so here it is.

7:00am freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 grapefruit and a green tea
10:00am green smoothie and a hard boiled egg
1:00pm green salad with field greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, goats cheese, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette and an herbal tea
3:00pm fresh veggie juice of tomato, beet, carrot, cucumber, kale, parsley, celery
5:00pm soup with bread and pesto or free range chicken with salad or a bean based meal
8:00pm coconut ice cream or a chocolate super smoothie or ezekiel bread with almond butter and honey

Hope you have an awesome day!!

xo Sebrina

2 comments:

Sandra Lundy August 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

I love your new blog Sebrina. You are such an inspiration!

Vanessa September 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

yes, so inspiring. just beautiful.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP