Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Soup!!

Now that I am back working at Lululemon I need to find healthy things that I can bring and eat on my break. With fall coming I Have been craving soups! One of my favourites is potato leek but I wanted to boost the nutrition content so I made a few tweaks to this classic.

1


Fall Soup

1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil
the white and pale green parts of 3 leeks
4 red potatoes
1 head of cauliflower
1 carton of veggie or chicken broth
4 cups of water
2 heads of roasted garlic
1 can of chick peas
sea salt and pepper to taste

Roast garlic (instructions here)
In a large pot heat oil and saute the sliced leeks until soft (about 5 minutes). Add in the potatoes and cauliflower and saute for a few minutes. Add in stock and water and salt ( about 1 tsp). Cook until veggies are soft and then use an emersion blender to blend soup but leave some chunks. Open your can of chick peas and put them in a blender with some of the soup and the two heads of garlic and blend until smooth. Add back to soup and season as needed.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP