Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my radiant heath!! My name is Sebrina. I'm a photographer, latte lover, facebook junkie, sun loving foodie. Food is one of my biggest passions. I am not sure what I love more, cooking nutritious food or learning about it. That's probably why I have recently gone back to school to become a registered holistic nutritionist. I am hoping to post daily here about my food adventures. Maybe post some of the interesting things I am learning in my course. My goal is to help people find their Radiant Health.

What is Radiant Health? You know when you meet someone and you wonder what products they use in their hair or on their skin because they just glow! Well most of the times it's not what they put on but what they put in. Food is probably the number one thing you can do to look fabulous. But more than looking fabulous the food you eat can help you to feel fabulous! A few years ago you would never have recognized me if you saw me in the street. My skin was sallow, I had dark circles under my eyes. I was tired.. oh so tired!! I wrote it off a shaving 4 kids. But it wasn't that. It was what I was putting into my body. It became a vicious cycle of being too tired to cook healthy foods and it turn eating junk. I think the turning point for my health was discovering green monsters. Green Monsters are smoothies of blended fruit and greens. They are a super quick way to get a HUGE boost of energy!! And they are so delicious even my kids drink them every day.

slurp

This is my basic recipe for a Green Monster
2 cups of baby spinach
1 cup of frozen berries
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk

Blend until smooth.

I hope you will join me here and discover some yummy recipes and possibly find your own Radiant Health!!

9 comments:

Ridge Meadows Photography August 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Looks yummy..I think I will try this and love the pic;)

Sebrina Wilson August 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Thanks for stopping by :)

Barbara Huning MA LP August 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Yay Sebrina! Great idea, a healthy blog. I love it!

Sebrina Wilson August 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Thanks Barb!!!

Karen August 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

Love your new blog already. Will have to give that smoothie a try!

Colleen August 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

the new blog looks great. i love the layout, the photos, the content, and of course -- YOU!! xo

Tracey Tilson August 26, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

This is the greatest blog EVER! I'm already "hooked" and can't wait to try all your healthy recipes. Thank you for all the time and information you share with us!

Angela August 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Made a green monster for lunch for my "discriminating" two year old. It was a hit! Even added some Chia seeds! Protein, greens, calcium, fruit and yum! Thanks,

Sebrina Wilson August 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

That's great Angela!!!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP